Boulder Ambassador Program
The City of Boulder, in partnership with the Downtown Boulder Partnership and Block by Block, has launched the Boulder Ambassador Program to provide enhanced cleaning, safety and hospitality services within the downtown/Pearl St. and the University Hill districts.
Ambassadors are easily identifiable in their bright blue shirts and are trained to:
- provide information, directions, and safety escorts to visitors
- help find parked vehicles
- patrol the districts to address unfavorable activities
- perform welfare checks and connect people with social services
- assist with maintenance issues and graffiti removal
"Since the pilot began, the team has performed more than 50,000 conversations with visitors, 10,000 local business check-ins and almost 3,000 welfare checks. They have picked up almost 8,000 bags of trash and cleaned up 4,500 instances of graffiti" (Daily Camera).
Check out Downtown Boulder's website for more information on the Ambassadors.
For Hill business owners:
Call or text 720-498-9601 during operating hours to reach an on-duty Ambassador and get assistance.
The Ambassadors' current hours are:
- Sundays - Wednesdays 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
- Thursdays - Saturdays 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
For graffiti removal and other maintenance needs, fill out this form.
Boulder Ambassadors in the news: