Boulder Ambassador Program
The City of Boulder, in partnership with the Downtown Boulder Partnership, CU Boulder, and Block by Block, has launched the Boulder Ambassador Program to provide enhanced cleaning, safety and hospitality services within the downtown and University Hill districts.
Ambassadors are easily identifiable in their bright blue shirts and are trained to:
- provide information, directions, and safety escorts to visitors
- help find parked vehicles
- patrol the districts to address unfavorable activities
- perform welfare checks and connect people with social services
- assist with maintenance issues and graffiti removal
"Since the pilot began, the team has performed more than 50,000 conversations with visitors, 10,000 local business check-ins and almost 3,000 welfare checks. They have picked up almost 8,000 bags of trash and cleaned up 4,500 instances of graffiti." (Daily Camera, August 2022)
For Hill business owners:
Call or text (720) 576-8643 during operating hours to reach an on-duty Ambassador and get assistance. The Hill Ambassadors can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
Current operating hours (Spring 2023):
Sunday - Wednesday, 7 am - 8:30 pm.
Thursday - Saturday, 7 am - 10:30 pm.
Ambassadors are a great resource for help with issues that aren't dangerous, like graffiti, maintenance issues, helping lost visitors, performing wellness checks, etc. If something dangerous or illegal is happening, call 911.
Boulder Ambassadors in the news:
- "‘The Swiss Army knife’: Boulder downtown ambassadors one of city initiatives showing success" | Daily Camera, August 2022
- "Boulder’s ambassadors are keeping businesses happy — and modeling a compassionate, effective approach to homelessness" | Boulder Beat, June 2022
Check out Downtown Boulder's website for more information on the Ambassadors.