Resources for Hill Businesses
The City of Boulder, in partnership with the Downtown Boulder Partnership, CU Boulder, and Block by Block, has launched the Boulder Ambassador Program to provide enhanced cleaning, safety and hospitality services within the downtown and University Hill districts.
Ambassadors are easily identifiable in their bright blue shirts and are trained to:
- provide information, directions, and safety escorts to visitors
- help find parked vehicles
- patrol the districts to address unfavorable activities
- perform welfare checks and connect people with social services
- assist with maintenance issues and graffiti removal
To address any of the above issues during operating hours, call or text (720) 576-8643 to reach an on-duty Ambassador. The Hill Ambassadors can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current operating hours (Spring 2023):
Sunday - Wednesday, 7 am - 8:30 pm.
Thursday - Saturday, 7 am - 10:30 pm.
We know that homelessness has been a big issue on The Hill for a long time. We’ve put together a few resources that might help.
- Community Resources for the Homeless - A great 2-page printout compiled by the Boulder Shelter to have on hand for anyone experiencing homelessness.
- Boulder Ambassadors - Call/text (720) 576-8643 to address undesirable behavior on The Hill. At least one Boulder Ambassador is walking around The Hill every day--look for their bright blue shirts.
- 911 - Always call 911 to report dangerous or illegal behavior. If the undesirable behavior is not dangerous or illegal, consider contacting the Boulder Ambassadors instead.
Sponsored EcoPass Program
Any full-time, non-student employees on the Hill (technically, within the University Hill General Improvement District) are eligible for a free RTD EcoPass. This allows employees to ride RTD buses for free throughout the Boulder area (including to Denver and the airport). It also comes with other benefits, like discounts at certain shops and restaurants in Boulder. More about the program on the city’s website here.
EMPLOYERS: If you would like to enroll your Hill business in the sponsored EcoPass program, please fill out this New Employer Form and reach out to Lane Landrith if you need assistance.
Scam & Fraud Prevention Resources
- Federal Trade Commission - Scams and Your Small Business: A Guide
- Boulder PD Scam & Fraud Prevention Webinar Recording (Feb. 2023)
City of Boulder Resources
- Hill Reinvestment Strategy
- University Hill Commercial Area Management Commission (UHCAMC)
- Business Support
- Business Incentives & Financial Assistance